PO BOX 1698
Carmichael, CA 95609-1698
1. Teaching Credentials (CSU Sacramento)
A. Adult Education
B. High School: Life Science
D. Special Education
2. Education CSU Sacramento
A. B.A. Biological Sciences; minor Chemistry
B. M.A. Special Education
3. Musical Experience
A. Music Performance: 25+ Years
B. Music Teaching: 25+ Years, group classroom and private. Currently teaching in San Juan Unified School Dist (Adult Education Department), Watermelon Music, and Tim's Band Instruments. Have previously taught at Drum & Guitar City, Jack's House of Music, Elk Grove Unified School Dist., Sunrise Park & Recreation Dist, Carmichael Park & Recreation Dist., Fair Oaks Park & Recreation Dist., Kids on Kampus (CSUS).
C. Participation in formal and informal presentations, discussion groups, seminars, workshops and classroom presentations.
A. Jazz Programmer and Air Tallent in Radio in Sacramento and Placerville.
B. Extensive concert attendance, literature and book review in film viewing in all areas of music, especially jazz.
C. Conducting, presenting and airing interviews of well known musicians especially in the field of jazz.
D. An unabated love and enthusiam of music, especially jazz, and a desire to share information and that enthusiasm with all interested parties.
Let's have fun playing music!
- A beginner with no musical experience?
- A parent who has played the guitar in the past?
- An adult, a homemaker, a student, or professional in search of a fulfilling new hobby?
- An educator wanting to work on fingerpicking, lead guitar, music theory, or ear training?
- A grandparent, camp counselor, babysitter, daycare provider, teacher or...?
Then please allow me to help you achieve your musical goals. My name is John Spivack, and I have been performing and teaching for over 25 years. I am a parent. I have a teaching credential, and I own a business, Learning Quest, which markets the children's educational products I create. Together we can work on the skills that will get you playing and learning while having a good time.
- Learn to strum and fingerpick, play solos and duets
- Pursue band skills, ear training, and music fundamentals
- Work on music-reading and the basics ... become literate in the language of music, so you can learn independently!
- Use scales, licks, and arpeggios to create your own songs and/or lead ideas
- Sing and play simple, entertaining songs for your family, church, or classroom
- Explore chords and progressions- simple to advanced
Please give me a call (916) 346-8270 or check out my web site www.fretstrumwell.com to discuss scheduling, rates, and your musical goals.